Packed with energy, protein and fibre these easy treats are perfect to enjoy both pre and post workout.
Makes around 15 portions
- 70g pepitas
- 30g oats
- 50g whole almonds
- 60g nut butter of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
- (plus extra for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fresh orange, juiced
- Using a food processor, blitz 20g of the pepita seeds in to a fine dust and pour onto a plate, reserving for later.
- Place all remaining dry ingredients and a pinch of salt in the processor and blitz until finely ground. Add the nut butter along with vanilla, honey and half the orange juice. Blitz for another minute or so, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times, adding extra orange juice to bind if needed.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into balls, coating them in pepita dust or cocoa powder, trying not to eat them as you go!
- Add some dried fruit such as raisins, to sweeten things up, keeping in mind the high sugar content and GI properties of these ingredients.
- Mix up your coating ingredients; try desiccated coconut, granola, sesame seeds or chopped nuts!